4/05/2009

White fluff in the air

I chose this blog address two springs back. When the plants came back to life and the snow melted. Where there was vibrant pink blossoms and fresh green all over Beijing.

I remember feeling the uncertainty and the frustration of learning to adapt in a foreign land. And when I finally learnt to be part of that life, it was time to leave. Gladly so, and I thought to myself that I didn't want to come back in a long while.

Someone spoke to me about going to China, on an official trip. He spoke of the grandeur and the hospitality which was promised. My memories of China were of people, humble people living day-to-day lives, yet striving towards a purpose that was honourable and at the same time, all too demanding. It demanded their lives, their souls and their all.

My memories were also of 2rmb 1 hour ricketty bus rides to school, of being alone and self-sufficient. And the pretty white fluff in the air.

No comments: