6/02/2007

Hillsong Concert

There was so much hype about it and many people turned up (as early as 4pm when the concert was supposed to start at 7pm!). But being much blessed, I was roped in to be an usher for the day, along with Ammily, Huixian and Jiasong. We had much better treatment - there was no need to queue up outside, there was food and we had great seats, up close with the performers. I really enjoyed myself and it was cool to see many people (only foreigners) turn up, worship God and pray for China together. It was very refreshing. I even met a few familiar faces, including a Taiwan missionary I met in EARC a few years back. And it was so much fun hanging out with the three others, it was almost hilarious.

I think I miss the 'Charismatic' atmosphere, and also the English-speaking community. But still since I've resolved to hang out with locals to understand China more, I shall continue doing that for the last month. It hasn't been easy sometimes so I need loads of strength from God to press on. Worshiping at Haidian Church has its commendable and shortcomings (as all churches), but mostly I feel I'm not being fed enough or the Chinese sermons are too difficult to comprehend, and not to mention rather sleep-inducing sometimes. Also I have my reservations here and there, and it might be too late to rectify anything. I'll just let God lead.



Happy ushers!














Worshiping God













I'm really really amused by Arthur and how much he's connected to Singapore. ;p

No comments: