2/10/2008

A little summary

of my Chinese New Year so far.

First day:
Hung out at home for a while, Joel popped by to 'bai nian' in the afternoon. Parents allowed me to go to his grandpa's place for the day. At his grandpa's, sat around did pretty much nothing until I asked to shell some century eggs. Fussed over the baby cousin who looked amazingly similar to his brothers, which I thought it was kinda creepy in a certain way. Had good steamboat, went out to get drinks with Joel, Beth and Clarence, who I prefer to call Roger, and who responds to that as well. Then four of us headed over to Joel's place and laughed ourselves silly over 'Music and Lyrics'. Got a ride back home. :)

Second day:
Went to four houses in total, the best stay was at my uncle's place. Did a little animal-inventory around the house and came up with a list of pets. He has five aruwanas, three long necked tutrles, six cockatoos, one grey parrot, five red parrots, one big green parrot, one cute baby green parrot, one mynah, one yellow baby orion, two yellow parrots, five pigeons, lotsa koi and goldfish. (He had piranhas last year!) The more amazing thing was when we found this container of crackers tucked underneath one of the turtle tanks (picture attached). Evidently my uncle forgot all about them, he said his office had too many hamsters (he does forensic science related stuff). I don't really wanna know why they keep hamsters there! :p Anyhow, I adopted the four of them and gave them a nice bath when I got home. Of course, they didn't look like they appreciated it very much but they certainly did look happy to finally have space to run around!

Third day:
Was supposed to go to church for some CNY celebration but got pangsehed by a friend. Went for a 69 gathering at Kelvin's place instead, lost money for Sip at the mahjong table cos I was distracted by 'Shuang Tian Zhi Zun' showing on TV. Popped by Joel's, then went back to my place cos Joel wanted to see the hamsters. Joel bullied hamsters. Hamsters ignored Joel. Went to Munch's for dinner with lotsa great VCF friends, played saboteur and got distracted by 'The Simpsons' movie playing on DVD.

And yay for tomorrow cos it's another holiday and boo Monday. :1

2 comments:

hyacinth macaw said...

cute cute hamsters...u had to buy a new tank for them? how are rabbiees?

hyacinth macaw said...

oh, this is pam;). and i have a tagboard on my blog now. go tag!