10/27/2007

Hello?

Finally took some time to call my Filipino mommy, Pastora Gilda, who was sounded so excited to hear me again. The next Bible-distributing trip is here again and I can't join them, and I'm now not so sure if I would have wanted to, anyway even though the I miss the people and would really like to meet them again. Alas, I've decided that I'm not into 'mass' mission trips or spending 5 minutes of my life with people who just want to spend more time with you, to talk about needs and things that matter. 5 minutes, of condensing my life and thoughts into a little speech and then leaving, apologising and wishing I had known each and every one of you, shared your dreams and your life. 5 minutes does not do justice and I will refuse to be caught in that dilemma again. I refuse to impose my ideals and beliefs on people in a mere 5 minutes, we would be kidding to ourselves if we think that we've fulfilled our 'jobs' for God.

Prayers. We share our troubles and prayer requests. We call, write snail mails and emails to update and show care and concern. I wish I can be there for you, to tell you that all is possible with God and that we are not afraid to pray and make our requests known. I miss you, you and you. And I do feel somewhat blessed, yet strangely guilty at the same time, to be in a better, a more comfortable position in Singapore, to be somewhere you yearn to visit. I want to be able to give unconditionally, to make dreams come true, to be selfless. And I should start working on that now. For now, I take comfort that we are bound in spirit and purpose, that we have the privilege to pray for each other. :)

No comments: