5/22/2007

Hard disk

failure.

But it isn't that bad, and I was surprisingly calm about it, after being distressed for a while. Decided not to send my laptop (I have named it Nakamura 中村, so that it has a name before it dies) to one of the dodgy servicing centres here cos I heard they steal your laptop parts, and I need to data recover too (costs about 2000rmb for professional data recovery) and probably change my hard disk. No lousy chiong hard disk for my Japanese product, yah! So I'm fortunate enough to have Fangxi's laptop to use for 2 weeks while she is in Shanghai, blessed enough to have my sister send Nakamura back to Singapore, and to have a geeky partner fix it for me, and then sending it back to Beijing.

On the other hand, it's so nice to be able to talk to Rixin who is on exchange in Taiwan. Sharing about different experiences and learning from each other. It's so comfortable sharing about the countries, our burdens and interests in missions. Haha, and going 'totally understand!!!' at every thought and emotion. MEET has been really useful through and through. Feels good to know that we're never alone.

No comments: