5/01/2007

Some photos









Thought it would be injustice not to show some photos of my Beijing frolicks alongside four good mates. But as you can see, I can't quite figure out how to use the photo display function on Blogger. Ah, well. More photos at Flickr if you are interested. It's so lovely to have people visiting you from home, I really treasured the short one week and wished it had somehow never really ended even though it was horribly tiring. I wish I had learnt to treasure the time spent much earlier, rather than coping with that sense of loss after they left.

Somehow the topic of marriage has been popping up quite frequently ever since I got to Beijing. It seems as though one of the most pressing concerns of the people I hang out with. I've been to some talks about marriage and romantic relationships, seen a frenzied match-making session take place in Hangzhou, discussed this topic numerous times. Not to mention that Jianming and Jo, Kelvin and Grace are getting married next month. It's unnerving, really...especially when you're so far away from your other half and getting tad used to feeling single and doing things without him. And almost forgetting things...I guess thank goodness I'm only here for less than half a year. And I do wish that he was around having the same sort of experience I have here...

1 comment:

said...

hello! happy mayday holidays! make labour day the exact opposite - rest! God's rest, as you've wanted this wk =)