5/07/2007

Little thoughts

Said I would give an update and so I will. One thing I really want to blog about is how I'm greatly humbled by the Chinese Christians I have met so far. They all have a common trait so obvious you cannot possible miss - they are all fervent about their faith and eager to spread the Gospel. It's humbling, really to witness evangelism I never thought possible. They have such a succinct clear understanding and trust in their faith that makes it easy for them to speak out and reach out. Also, the analogies and reasonings I've heard so far are so easy to understand and relate to. I've been greatly greatly humbled. For all these times I thought myself as some sort of a salt and light, at least here to be one, yet like Chek told me God has greater plans for me. Experiences for me to learn from, to grow in. It has been an amazing journey and I know I can expect more from it. And I know I shall continue to be that salt and light I'm meant to be, to allow God's love to shine through me.

Another thing I learnt was having my own identity. I never thought I had any outstanding sins when the call was to ask God to search my heart to help me realise my sins. And so to allow Him to forgive them one by one. It suddenly dawned onto me today that I relish pride. I relish pride so much that I can't quite be alone. I need to feel accepted, to feel that I'm part of people's life. Little wonder why God put me in 五道口to learn to live by myself, to rely on Him wholeheartedly, to find my own identity. Not the sort of identity others have of me. I fear loneliness yet because I frequently thought of myself as a people person and need that sort of attention but God has slowly taught me to let go, to know that I can have that attention from Him and I don't need to frequently seek that attention from others, which I feel can be tiresome for either parties.

I thank God again for placing me here in China, in 五道口,allowing me to have such a different exchange experience, for hanging around with locals and learning to relate to different cultural backgrounds, a skill that Chris (the one in Mongolia) said I lacked or needed to be refined. I can only trust in Him to provide further plans and not be hasty in them. I need to stop counting down to July and settle down snuggly in God's wonderful plans.

One thing I've definitely learnt and need to be conscious of...















Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near.

你们要靠主常常喜乐。我再说,你们要喜乐。当叫众人知道你们谦让的心。主已经近了。

Philippians/腓立比书 4:4-5

These little angels are like my cheerleaders :)

1 comment:

Rainbow said...

even through the food at camp was terrible, the experience was still memorable and beneficial!

Yes, I cannot agree with you more!

I feel so thankful to hear that you saw God's nice intentions with your beijing exchanging experience..... Hope you will see more in the life journey with Him.