5/30/2007

Out of my comfort zone

So I'm finally ready to admit that being on exchange, and especially so in China is putting me out of my comfort zone. After all the little hiccups with the exchange application, the visa application, the matriculation card that took us 1 month to get, the housing conditions and now CUPL has introduced a new administrative problem of not knowing their own examination dates.

It is rather frustrating to receive an exam date schedule that only raises more questions than answers, there are no module codes, the tutors do not know either when their papers are, or what the exam format is, and appearing at the administration office only gives them a chance to refer us to this department, and then the next department and then the other department over there. And none of the staff knows the answer or who is in charge.

C'mon CUPL! You can do better than this!!

Indeed a huge step out of my comfort zone and learning how to keep my cool in times like this, with the uncertainty and wondering whether my travel plans will even materialise now or when I will go home. How I love NUS!

No comments: